I’m Jackie Cormack and I’m a professional, qualified and insured make-up artist, hairstylist and nail technician covering Central Scotland.
I have always been interested in make-up and experimenting with different make up looks and brands but never thought of pursuing this as a career.
The opportunity arrived when I took redundancy from my role as a Business Analyst in a Financial Services company and I decided to take the plunge and do something completely different and something I would be really interested in.
For a special birthday, I decided to have my make-up done which, I’d never had done before, even for my wedding day!
I loved how the make-up artist made me look and I felt fantastic and confident, this was the start point of my journey…
‘So many great tips. Very very worthwhile.’
Having two young girls growing up so rapidly and who needed their hair cut so often, I decided first of all to learn some basic hairdressing skills including hair cutting and styling. I attended a hairdressing night class at college which, as I enjoyed so much, then led me onto studying HNC Fashion Make up and I am now fully qualified in both.
Apart from my core business of Bridal and Special Occasion make-up, I like to keep developing and look for opportunities to try out new things and learn some too. I’ve been the make-up artist for a variety of events or photoshoots, for example:
- Charity fashion events in Livingston and Edinburgh
- Bridal show in Annecy, France
- Miss West Lothian 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019
- Gatsby Photoshoot 2017 (images published in Photoshoot and Model Citizen Online Magazine)
- TocoFashion Milliner Photoshoot – Hopetoun Program 2017
- Top 5 Festive Make-Up Tips 2017 published in the Best Ever Christmas online Magazine
- International Artist Joana Vasconcelos exhibiting at Jupiter Artland 2018 & 2019
- Scottish Daily Mail feature 2018 – Volunteer Work with Look Good Feel Better
- Ultimate Mum Makeover Feature 2019 – MADE (Mums & Dads Edinburgh)
- The I Am Woman Project, with Simone Hilliard Photography
- The White Bed Boudoir Photo Project, with Simone Hilliard Photography
- The Scottish Make-Up Awards Finalist 2020 & 2023
Look Good Feel Better – Lead Volunteer Make-Up Artist, which is a charity providing practical support for women and teenagers undergoing treatment for cancer. The charity offers free skin and makeup workshops which aims to improve self esteem, confidence and wellbeing at a very difficult and sensitive time.
Jaks Den Ambassador – Make-Up Artist for parents and siblings of children and young people at Fashion Show Fundraisers and Pamper Nights. This charity provides emotional, social and practical to children and young people aged 0-25 with cancer related illnesses in Scotland.
Trained to HNC level and fully insured professional Make-Up Artist and Nail Technician.
I listen to your needs and wants and can create any look whether its natural or glamorous. My Make-Up Kit contains high quality products to create the flawless, long lasting looks for every occasion (Airbase, Urban Decay, Charlotte Tilbury, NARS, MAC, Beauty Pie, and Benefit ).
Qualified Trainer for Airbase Airbrush High Definition Make-Up – delivering training in colleges and training venues in Scotland.
‘Fantastic class and learnt lots’
Links and Partnerships
I’m a professional, qualified and insured Make-Up Artist, Hairstylist and Nail Technician covering central Scotland.
Get In Touch